Jam

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage


When I was on my break from the blog world I did a few things that I have been wanting to do. I made some apricot jam. Here is picture just out of the hot water bath, I am waiting for them to POP! It is always a good feeling when they all POP.


There is something about pretty jars of jam. I love to start my day off by using something so pretty. Life is to short not to have some small pleasures. When my husband and I go to visit his aunt and uncle, Charlotte at http://athomeinscottsdale.blogspot.com/ She always has such pretty jars of jam on her table in the morning, along with pretty plates, a pretty table cloth and a story behind each coffee cup, my husband and I truly feel special when we are there. Here are a few pictures of some pretty jars of jam that I found I thought I would share them with with.





Tomorrow I will share another project that I finished.
Have a wonderful day,
ginger

This entry was posted at 7/01/2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

Good morning Ginger. I agree, small pleasures make such a difference. Your new banner is so pretty...it made me smile.

How did you know apricot anything is my favorite? Your jam looks so yummy, and so pretty in all the jars.

I've never made jam and have always wanted to. I've read how to do it but just never tried.....I wished I had learned from my granma.

Enjoy your yummy jam and have a happy day...hugs, Linda

July 1, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Hi Ginger,
Welcome back. What beautiful preserves you have put up. The picture of Jam are so cute. What a treat for you to visit your husbands aunt. Her home sounds most hospitable.
Hugs,
Sue

July 1, 2008 at 10:06 AM

I have to agree with you about the POP!!!
I love to tidy everything up, sit down and relax and then....oh, there's the pop..
Guess small things amuse creative minds.. :0)

Cindy♥

July 1, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Oooohmy, those are pretty! I'm all for beautiful things around me as we ALL know by now!! Makes me wanna empty the store jam jars and put them in my pretty jars I made! Beautiful, my enchanting friend!
Smoochies,
Connie

July 1, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Wow! I'm impressed. The jam you made looks delicious. I love love love apricot jam. Thanks for the nice comments you made about me.

July 1, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Hi,
I just had to stop and comment your wonderful jam. It looks delicious, very nice color.
I love to prepare food for winter and here in Serbia we even have a special name for all the winter food. To me there is nothing sweeter than to see filled pantry with nice and cute jars. Sometimes I even feel like a hamster storing all the food.
I know you will enjoy the delicious jam.

Suzy

July 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM

You are making me hungry! I love Carmel too.

July 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Hi Ginger!
I love your apricot jam jars! I know the feeling you are describing when you visit your husbands aunt. It is so wonderful. I wholey believe in treating yourself special and that homemade jam in the morning will really do that!
Hugs,
Penny

July 1, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Ginger - Welcome back! You've been missed. I agree, life is too short not to have beautiful things around you, that is why I decided not to "save" my lovely antique dishes and the Durand water pitcher and glasses I received as a wedding present way back when! I use them every day and I enjoy them all!

Blessings to you,
~Jean

July 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM

How great to do some fun things Ginger!!
My friend has an apricot tree that has a bumper crop, so she just made a huge batch of jam.
I have never tried it myself.
Thanks for visiting, and happy 4th.
Rosemary

July 1, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Post a Comment