What Kind of Christians Are We?

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

I love dish towels, I have pretty dish towels and I have not so pretty dish towels. I love the pretty towels, I just can't count on them to get the job done, they don't dry very well at all. So these towels are just for looks, they are the towels I use for display. I keep them on one side of the drawer in the kitchen. Then I have some on the other side of the drawer that are not so pretty. They are used and they are worn, but I always reach for them because they get the job done, I pass up the pretty ones to get to the used and worn ones because they are faithful!

What kind of Christians are we? Are we just for display? Do we just stand there with our pretty bibles in our hands?
Are we the kind Christians that people pass up because we don't get the job done? Or are we the kind of Christian that people reach for? We have are used and worn bibles in our hands ready and waiting because we are faithful! This is the kind of Christian I want to be, I don't want people to pass me up I want them to reach for me!


What kind of Christian do you want to be?


Romans 12:11
11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Please visit more Spiritual Sunday to visit some amazing people who love the Lord.


This entry was posted at 3/08/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

15 comments

Good questions. The kind that require an honest answer. Thanks for making us think.

March 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I want to be the reach-for-me Christian too! Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

March 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I have dishtowels like that! What a great post....Have a restful Sunday...Julie

March 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Good illustration, Ginger. Clif is right. It does make us think. Thank you for sharing this.
Blessings,
Charlotte

March 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM

This makes me think of the Velveteen Rabbit. The more the boy loved on him the shaggier the rabbit got. I hope I extend the love of Jesus; that's what I want to do anyway. Have a great Sunday!

March 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Hi Ginger,
Good illustration and a good question! May we all be reach-for-me kind of Christians! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

March 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Came here from Sheila's blog. I hope I will be a constant Christian - the way I was raised.

March 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Hi Ginger,
What a great analogy!! using the dish towels, but oh how true true true!!!. I've missed you all and I'm so blessed to have the time to post once again. Thank you for this post I need to tell some friends to come read this post!!

Hugz Lorie

March 8, 2009 at 7:54 PM
Anonymous  

Really makes one stop and contemplate our "usefulness" -- I think all dishtowels as do people have our usefulness whether pretty or not. God has his plans for us whether we see what the usefulness is or not we are all doing what God has planned for us!Sometimes others cannot visually see what the usefulness is but God knows!! Thanks for the insight!
Karyl(Carol)

March 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Hi Ginger,
Thank you for your beautiful post - one that makes us really look at ourselves and our "dishtowels". I strive to live my Christian faith every day and to reflect the beauty of God's creation in my art.
Happy Spiritual Sunday.
Blessings,
Erin

March 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Hi Ginger~ Wonderful story about the dishtowel and being a Christian... just wonderful.

March 9, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Oh Ginger, I loved reading your blog. I so want to be the christian that others reach for but I believe sadly at this time I'm the other but just not so pretty :)

Thank you I need this

Blessings
Melly:)

March 10, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Questions to get me thinking Ginger. I sure hope I am the reach for me Christian. Thanks for the wonderful thought provoking post Ginger.

God bless.

March 11, 2009 at 8:53 PM

VERY thought provoking blog today. Thank you so much for it causes me to stop and ponder that question and hopefully grow from it.
God bless
Joy

March 13, 2009 at 7:30 AM

What an enriching post - thank you! :)

March 24, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Post a Comment