Helping Other people

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Today for Spiritual Sunday I wanted to share this short~short video. It may help you or someone you know a great deal. We can even take it upon ourselves to take it to a family in need, or share this good news with your church. This could help so many families.






Angel Food Ministries This is the link to their web page so you can find one close to where you live. I hope this can help someone in need. They also have food that is prepared for senors so all they need to do is heat a serve. The meals have been developed with the dietary needs of senior citizens in mind. The normal box of food will feed a family of four for a week.


Proverbs 22:9

Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.


Matthew 5:42

Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Please visit other Spiritual Sunday post here.

I guess this is heavy on my heart because last night I had a dream that a family had been sneaking in our home during the late night sleeping and eating.
That's so funny how we dream about things that are so heavy on our hearts.


God Bless,

This entry was posted at 3/14/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 comments

Thank you for this good post. I just put down a book I was reading and came to your post. The book is, The Hole In Our Gospel. It is about helping those in need. The book asks the question, "What does God expect of us? Is our faith just about going to church, studying the Bible and avoiding the most serious sin--or does God expect more? Have we embraced the whole gospel or a gospel with a hole in it?" This book is really touching my heart. Hopefully it will move me to action.

March 14, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Thank you for sharing this, Ginger. What a great program this is. I'm glad to know about it.
Charlotte

March 14, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Hi Ginger!

What a fantastic Ministry, one that is need greatly in these times. Thank you for sharing it.
Have a lovely week end.
God bless you and yours
Melly:)

March 14, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Wow!!! Isn't it amazing how two people allowed God to use them and bring about such a wonderful ministry.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

March 15, 2009 at 12:14 AM
Anonymous  

With our Economic times this is more than greatly needed. On the news they have told there are what they called "Tent Cities" right here in our country. People living out of tents with no home. All different ages. Some in California and some in Tennessee-- all white Americans that they showed.This is greatly needed -- Thank You for sharing! May God Bless! Karyl(Carol)

March 15, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Wonderful post Ginger. If giving from the heart is learned from an early age it will continue through out life.

I love this saying "Those who give have all things."

I had displayed in my bedroom growing up on a hallmark plaque.

March 15, 2009 at 7:43 AM

You've taught me something! I checked out the website after listening to the video, and this is amazing! There's even one close to my home. Thank you for sharing about this helping ministry. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

March 15, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Thank you for the reminder of our obligation as Believers to help others. What a wonderful organizatin.
xo...Kathy

March 15, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Ginger.. thanks for this info. We have a Lutheran church a few miles away that is an "Angel Food" ministry. I didn't know it was nationally affiliated. Their little marquee on the highway simply says... "need food, we can help"...

I've frequently thought about stopping by and see if they take money donations (they never have that on their marquee)... now I know I'll stop and make that visit.

thank you for the Sunday blessing. Dixie

March 15, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Hi Ginger,
Thank you for sharing this video. I'm so glad there are ministries like Angel Food to lend a hand to those in need, and there are so many.

Blessings,
Sandi

March 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Thanks for sharing-what a blessing this program is for many. Be blessed this wonderful SS

March 15, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Ginger, Thanks for sharing such a great video!
I am so glad to know that there is a program like this..helping a lot of hungry people! Have a restful Sunday...Julie

March 15, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I love the post Ginger. I have been struggling with how I can get more people involved in helping others. Now I figure that if I lead by example they will come.

God bless.

March 15, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Hi Ginger,

Thank you for the wonderful information on your blog about Angel Food. I was so touched I went on their website to see how to get in touch with the nearest location to see what I can do to volunteer to help. There is one near my home and I will certainly pass the infomation on.
Thank you and God Bless you for your Spiritual Sunday blog.
Blessings,
Erin

March 15, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Post a Comment