Spending Diet

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage


This is such a hard time for so many people these days. The house right across the street from us is now being foreclosed. It is so sad to see the grass die, and the weeds take over. There were about five foreclosures in our neighborhood at one time. I truly hope who ever buys these homes take care of them.
I decided to put myself on a spending diet. I am not one to just go crazy all the time and go shopping but I do like to pick up a few things here and there. I think that most of my spending goes to my garden, so this fall I won't be buying any bulbs ( so sad ) or other fun things for my garden. I have lots of things that will pop up from the previous years that I have planted. So more than likely I won't be posting about anything new, or I won't be showing any pictures of great new items that I have bought. If I do then you know I went off my spending diet. I will be cooking more than normal and making my husbands lunch more often than I do.
My apple tree is full of apples, I hope to can some apples with cinnamon this weekend. The apples taste so yummy heated up and put it on vanilla ice cream.
Mmmmm good!

This entry was posted at 9/30/2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Good for you, Ginger. This sounds like a worthy goal. My prediction is that you will be blessed with lots of pretty plants and flowers that just pop up. Problem is that weeds always pop up too. That should keep you busy and help you with your "diet".

October 1, 2008 at 12:36 AM

A spending diet~ I like the sound of this! Lately I have been deleting alot of online catalogs & such that come my way so I'm not tempted.

Hugs to you

October 1, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Hi Ginger! Oh yes, I so know what you mean , its such a hard world right now, everything seems topsy turvy ....but its always the little things in life that bring us through, small things that make us happy and the important things too. Im the same way, the minute things look bad for everyone, I just cook ;) its cheap and a great way to pull people together. Thanks so much for your comments , you are so sweet! Im trying my own version of the "spending diet" ;) Im not over buying and each time I buy something , it has to have a good purpose and it has to be something that 10 years from now, my daughter will take and make her own and be glad I gave it to her...so thanks again for you comments, so true and thanks for sharing!! Hope you come back often!! ~ Hugs ~ Cynthia

October 1, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Ginger, have fun with your apple tree. This year my neighbours tree did not get any apples and so I have none to make into pie filling or apple sauce. I have been waiting for a good case deal on apples at the store.

God bless.

October 2, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Post a Comment