This and That In The Garden

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Well for the longest time I have always had snails in my garden. About a month ago it just dawned on me that I hardly ever see any snails ever!! So I didn't think anything about it. Until one day I noticed something was getting in to my baby tears ground cover, it grows nice and thick and soft and green. I love this ground cover. Anyway then another day I noticed something was eating my bird seed that I have all covered up. Well you tell me what would you rather have in your garden a cute snail like this or~~~~~~~~~~~~


a possum as cute as these guys ??? Well I am undecided but I think I would rather run into a snail rather than a possum!



Here is a Anemone, I have a couple of these awesome flowers. They come up every year and spread. The flower is almost ready to bloom. I hope my camera decides to work when they do bloom. They are so pretty.
I found this birs house/feeder for only $6.00 I had to have it.



I put it outside so I can see it when I walk by my window and look outside. I have a battery operated candle in it. It looks pretty at night



Here is another picture of the anemone and my babytears, and boston ivy growing on my house. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thank-you for stopping by.




ginger









This entry was posted at 9/04/2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

12 comments

I LOVE this bird feeder~ I can just imagine it's soft glow at night. I'd be peekin' out the window all the time looking at it.

Your garden is just amazing.

September 4, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Your garden looks so nice. I really like that bird feeder! Love the copper roof.
Penny

September 4, 2008 at 9:29 AM

All is so pretty. I have moved some feeders near one of my windows and I am so enjoying it. YOur little bird house is so cute!

September 4, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Snails or possums? I guess I'd take the snails but I sure don't like them. We had a lot of snails and slugs in Stockton. Not here - guess it's too hot for them. I really like the bird feeder, and the candle in it is such a neat idea.

September 4, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Wow, great deal on the bird feeder. I love it.

I think I would prefer the snail over the larger 4 legged critter.

September 4, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Ginger, could you please email me at jackielou01@hotmail.com. Had computer problems and needed to change my address. I would like to see if it works.

God bless.

September 6, 2008 at 1:13 AM

Hi Ginger, I love your birdfeeder and it is a great idea to put a candle in it.I have never seen a possom but we do have snails here on P.E I. Carolyn

September 6, 2008 at 8:59 PM

I love the bird house!! I would like
to have one but we have dare devil
bird house climbing cats around
these parts. LOL!

hugs~kimme

September 7, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Your garden looks so beautiful! I love baby tears too! That bird feeder looks perfect where you put it. It just looks so tranquil out there!

September 7, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Ginger, I love your garden. It looks so lush. I am not familiar with baby tears. But, I love it and will look into what zone they are used in. The birhfeeder is adorable. Hugs, Terrie

September 8, 2008 at 9:18 AM

Is that a copper roof on that bird house? I love love love it!

September 8, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Ginger,
Your garden is so lovely. I'm looking forward to fall but
not the thought of snow covering all the pretty gardens.
Hugs,
Sue

September 9, 2008 at 7:03 AM

Post a Comment