Lemon Drop Jar

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

$206.82

A few months age Cindy did a post on a book called The Lemon Drop Jar this book sounded like it would be so cute to read to my grandchildren. Cindy did mention it was very expensive I'm not sure now what she said but any way I thought I would do some of my own home work. On Amazon this book was $206.82. This was the most expensive one there it started at about $89.00. They are both out of my budget.
Here is a peak inside of what this book is about.


Kindergarten-Grade 2-- When winter first threatens with its gray days, Great-Aunt Emma brings down her lemon jar from her big china cupboard ``. . . to invite the sun in.'' Given to her by her mother one lonely winter when Emma was away at boarding school, the jar has become a symbol of the ever-present warmth of family love. And now with her young niece's fall visit, the elderly woman once again retrieves the etched-glass jar and allows the girl to fill it with the lemon drops bought especially for her. The child muses that someday she will have a lemon jar, too, but she won't put it away. She will keep it ``. . . by my window all the time . . . to remind me of Aunt Emma.

It sounds like such a~~~ CUTE~~~ story. I am sure my granddaughter would love this story I may have to make one up of my own and just tell it out loud.

OH!! Just a reminder that Spiritual Sunday is just a day away. We just love what is on every ones heart. I feel so blessed to be able to read what every one has to say.
Have a great day,
ginger

This entry was posted at 9/13/2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

This does look like a nice book with a sweet story...but too expensive for me too. I like your idea of creating your own story to share.
I'll see you all tomorrow..I've been away so I'm looking forward to tomorrow, my first visit...hugs, Linda

September 13, 2008 at 10:51 AM

I can't imagine paying that much for a book. I'll bet a story you make up and tell will be just as good. At least they will be a whole lot cheaper. Or maybe I should say less expensive. That sounds better. LOL

September 13, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Keep checking Amazon because I was able to get mine for less than $10! It is a wonderful book!

September 13, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Wow! That is one expensive book!
Save some money and tell them a
tale from your own imagination....
priceless! :)

~kimme

September 15, 2008 at 4:34 PM

I looked this book up in our library catalog and it was there.
You might try the local library if you have one nearby. It does look like a cute book.

September 15, 2008 at 9:34 PM

Post a Comment