Spiritual Sunday

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

I have this small book that is a year of devotional prayer, the name is
Praying God's Word Day by Day By Beth Moore. I thought for this Spiritual Sunday this week I would write what she has written for Feb. 14.


To live in the freedom God has purposed for us, we must recognize and forsake all other Gods.
Lord God, When your children, the Israelites, were defeated in battle, you revealed to them that they were hanging on to something that did not belong to them. You said ," You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove it" Josh.7:13. Father God, I earnestly ask you to reveal anything in my life that could be hindering victory, then give me the courage to release it to you.
Keep me safe, O God, for in you and you alone I take refuge. I say to you, Lord,
"You are my Lord; Apart from you I have no good Thing" Ps.16:1-2


For more Spiritual Sundays please visit here

Please continue to pray for my neighbor Jill and for Becky Thank-you.

This entry was posted at 2/14/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

13 comments

What great advice. Thanks for this reminder. I think we all need it from time to time.
Charlotte

February 14, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Very good. Thanks for posting.

February 14, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I always like what Beth Moore has to say! Thanks for sharing.

Katherine

February 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Ginger this is my prayer too. I throughly enjoy Beth Moore's work.'Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

February 14, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Anonymous  

Beth Moore devotions have been a blessing from the LORD to so many. Have you every been able to attend one of her conferences? Always uplifting our Lord Jesus, and teaching truth from the Bible. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful encouraging post.
Bless You!

February 15, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Beth Moore is such an inspiration. I took a course of hers once--David. I admire her. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

February 15, 2009 at 6:20 AM

I love Beth Moore. I am currently reading Praying Through The Bible. Love what you shared today!!! Have a blessed Sunday!

February 15, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Great post. Beth Moore always has good insights. Thanks for sharing.

February 15, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Thank you for sharing Beth's devotional, she is such a beautiful writer and person. I am thankful for you and Charlotte always being faithfully here.

Have a wonderful Sonday,
Kathi :)

February 15, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Thanks for sharing that with us today. Good read.

February 15, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Hi Ginger,

What a lovely devotional and how very true. Thank you for sharing and for your beautiful and inspirational blog.

I also love the Cottage Nursery in Westminister. Thank you for sharing their website - they have a beautiful David Austin pink rose on their website under "favorites" that I simply must have. Have you been to The Vintage Lady garden in Old Town Tustin? It is very tiny, but worth the visit. I blogged about the garden last year. Cathy, the owner, is a lovely Christian lady and has wonderful garden signs painted with Bible verses on them.
Have a beautiful week and I am off to visit Spiritual Sunday.
Blessings,
Erin

February 15, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Praying the scriptures I am learning is a wonderful thing. thanks for sharing today. Blessings, peace, joy and love.

February 15, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Thanks for dropping by my Spiritual Sundays post and leaving a comment. We are looking forward to Wednesday.

February 16, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Post a Comment