French Bread

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Hello my blogging friends, that's if I have any left!! I have been a bad blogging friend but I have felt that I have not had to much worthy to blog about lately. I'm not even on the computer to check all of your blogs. I went two days with out even turning our computer on. ( That's a first ) I think my husband thought I was sick or something.

Today is kind of cloudy outside and it rained yesterday so I thought I would make some home made bread today. I just love this recipe (below) although today I used whole wheat flour instead of white and olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I hope it taste as good as it looks. It is still in the oven so when it's done I will take a picture. Our home smells so good, I have bread in the oven and home made soup in the crock pot.



I'm so excited I bought a new printer, my other one stopped working( HE HE HE) My new one has a much better scanner than the other one. Before I had to feed the picture into the computer this one I don't have to do that. So a long time ago I had mentioned that I wanted to post before and after pictures of my kitchen so that will be happening real soon.



Well I better go check on the bread, I will be back with a picture to share.


Okay I'm back, the bread came out yummy but I would recommend use a recipe that calls for whole wheat flour rather than just substituting. It's was much better that last two times I made it, and I followed the directions. But it still a tasty treat. The recipe is on the bottom of this post if you would like to try it before the weather gets to hot and home made bread doesn't sound a appealing.

I hope that everyone has a great day.

God Bless,

Ginger







This entry was posted at 6/04/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

Homemade bread. Sounds and looks wonderful. I can almost smell it. Wish I had a piece of it with butter and a little jam. Yum.
Thanks for the nice compliment you made on my blog.
Hugs,
Charlotte

June 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Hi Ginger, your bread look yummy. Nothing better than warm homemade bread and a little butter or a bit of jelly. Good to see you...hugs, Linda

June 4, 2009 at 7:06 PM

There is nothing that smells better then homemade bread baking!
Enjoy!
Carolyn

June 4, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I LOVE the aroma of bread baking in the oven! I only wish I could eat it. (gluten intolerant.)

I like the picture on your header! It is gorgeous!

It is raining here and has been all week and last week. Everything is beginning to look like the tropic!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Cheryl

June 5, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Post a Comment