Prayer

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage


I was thinking how grateful I am for the avenue of prayer. It is one of my favorite things about being a Christian. Just knowing that God hears us and wants us to go to him in prayer and tell him what we need, what we want, and what we are thankful for.

If my daughter goes a day or two with out calling me my feelings get kinda hurt. I know she is almost 30 but it is always a pleasure when she calls me. This is how Jesus feels, he wants us to call upon him everyday in prayer.
Here are a couple of my favorite verses on prayer.



Psalm 62:8


8 Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is a refuge for us.




Philippians 4:6


6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Please visit Spiritual Sundays to visit more bloggers that love Jesus

Blessings
Ginger

This entry was posted at 5/30/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

16 comments

Ah yes, prayer--there is nothing like it. Thank you for your words and the Scriptures.......I love your heading. It is beautiful!

May 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I'm so thankful for prayer too, Ginger. I like the way you compared talking with your daughter with how God wants to talk to his children. I can certainly identify with that.
Have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday.
Charlotte

May 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Anonymous  

Philipians 4:6 is my favorite verse too! God Bless!
Karyl

May 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM

This is a wonderful post. Prayer is a two-way conversation!

I'm very thankful for prayer too!

Katherine

May 30, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Ginger,
This is so beautiful - thank you.
Talking to my children is a highlight of my day when they call...to think that God our Heavenly Father feels the same way is amazing!

Be Blessed,
Jean

May 31, 2009 at 12:08 AM

I'd like to have my children call me this often, but that's not going to happen. They are grown with families and have busy lives. I suppose that makes prayer even more important to me. Thanks for sharing. Happy SS Sunday.

May 31, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Ginger, I agree that it is such a blessing to pray. I try to stay in communication with God all day long through prayer. I keep a running dialogue going with Him, and while sometimes I monopolize the conversation, I try to listen for his Word. :-)

When my mother became ill, I missed her calls terribly, and I'm sure that's how God feels about us. Thanks for making that analogy to your daughter. I feel certain that's how He feels, so that has spurred me on to try and be a better daughter.

XO,

Sheila

May 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM

How wonderful that we can come BOLDLY to the throne of Grace and obtain mercy to help in a time of need. Do you remember the verse from an old hymn "What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer"? It is a privilege isn't it? Your post was a real blessing today! and everyday (O:

May 31, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Hi Ginger,
What a wonderful post! I like the comparison you made; it is just like that betwwen us and God. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Blessings,
Sandi

May 31, 2009 at 9:29 AM

i still can't get my head wrapped around his never-ending interceding for us!

May 31, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I agree Ginger~ prayer always needs to be daily~ life is just too short.

Nice post.

Hugs

May 31, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Thanks for sharing-praying blessings for you throughout the week.

June 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM

By the way, I think you should get to paint some of your furniture white. Fifteen years is a long time. Esp if you're the keeper/cleaner/decorator of the home. You can have a special piece all your own that you can paint too. My husband loves all the white now and when it gets messy we just paint it again.

June 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Prayer is very important. Good post.

Been gone most of May - so glad to be back and touch base with you again.

Blessings.

June 3, 2009 at 5:34 PM
Anonymous  

Hello, I just happened to pop by and here was your beautiful post. Thank you ♥

June 3, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Ginger, I always enjoy your posts. I have not been able to blog as often lately myself. I agree, that God that He always hears us!
Have a blessed week.

June 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Post a Comment