A Household Gadget

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

I don't know if I ever mentioned how much I love hardware stores. It is a big treat for me when I get to go in an older hardware store. I went into an Ace Hardware store the other day and I found this adapter. The bag it came in said Reducer on it so I guess that's the name of this gadget. All you do is screw it into your normal light fixture in your lamp, and then you can put a smaller 4 watt bulb in it. Since I leave 4 lamps on all the time with a 15 watt bulb I was so excited to find this little gadget at the hardware store. This would not be good for a reading lamp for obvious reasons, but for just an ambiance light it's perfect! I may not feel as guilty living these lights on now.

I'm sure this gadget won't save me hundred's of dollars but it will make a difference somewhat . I hope that maybe this will be something that you could use as well. Or maybe I just don't get out often enough and you all ready know about this great gadget, I felt it worthy enough to blog about anyway.





Have a wonderful blessed day,
Ginger

This entry was posted at 4/29/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Hi Ginger,
I have some lamps that I want to put lower watts in so thank you for sharing. Blessings,
Sue

April 29, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I had never seen one of these "gadgets". You have a knack for finding the unusual. I think that is really neat.
Charlotte

April 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Hi Ginger,
Yea the applesauce is really easy. I got the recipe on the internet. I can send it to you if you want. Next time though I'll add more brown sugar and less Cinnamon. What I really wanted a slow cooker for was to make steel cut oatmeal in. One blogger said she put it on at night and it was ready in the morning so I wanted to try it. I like it.
Charlotte

April 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM

OOoooo! What a perfect invention! I love that idea! I use compact florescents in most of my fixtures, but there are a couple that I can't! This would be the best compromise! Thanks so much Ginger for sharing this!

April 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Hi Ginger~ I too LOVE hardward stores. In our hometown- we had an old family store that shut down about 10 years ago. I miss the extra attention the "family owned" biz gave to everyone.

A reducer???? Now why did I think of that???

Hugs

May 1, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Post a Comment