French Lace

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage













I love roses, English Roses are my favorite rose but I have two rose bushes that are not an English Rose their names are French Lace. I bought them because of the name, I just loved the way it sound. I have had them the longest out of all my roses, about 15 years. I call these roses old faithful because they always have such beautiful roses. I have a lot of shade in my backyard so these roses do better than the others because they get more sun. You can see I really need to trim the shrubs, hey~~~ if your bored come on over and you can help :) I was thinking about putting in a small vegetable garden here but I decided not to because of two reasons, one is because we see this flower bed from our french doors and I don't think it would be very pleasing to the eye to look out at a vegetable bed, and second I just love these box wood hedge's and the roses. I did plant 3 Tomato plants and a couple of red and yellow bell peppers, but you can't see them from the french doors, they are on the other side of the box wood hedge's. I plan to plant more vegetables on the other side of the house in container's that's where I keep my potting table and there's more sun on that side of the house.



I hope that you have a beautiful spring day,




This entry was posted at 4/23/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

12 comments

What a beautiful rose....I think I can smell it's sweet fragrance...hugs, Linda

April 23, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Beautiful roses, Ginger! I really like your Dad's fruit bowl too. How nice to have that treasure. Have a wonderful day.

Blessingss,
Sandi

April 23, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Your pink roses are beautiful! Be sure to check my post out tomorrow..I am posting the blessing you sent me..:)

April 23, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Such beau-ti-ful roses...I can smell them from here! It must really put sunshine in your life to see such beauty...

P.S. I haven't forgot your package from Ashley---it's going in the mail! She was just over tonite to finish it up... (smile)

April 23, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Hi Ginger,
Beautiful rose French Lace, so soft and feminine looking. I saw a rose bud today on one of my roses and am tickled to have some for Mother's day. Thank you for sharing.
Sue

April 23, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Those roses are gorgeous. Good photos.
Hugs,
Charlotte

April 23, 2009 at 11:02 PM

You were so nice to send your friend those pink vintage items! I just came from seeing her Show and Tell!

Katherine

April 23, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Hello Ginger!

Almost nothing is as beautiful as the rose. What lovely roses my friend and you captured them just beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing. I also would like to thank you for your prayers, kindness and support. Have a lovely weekend.

Smiles...

Beverly

April 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Your roses are gorgeous, and so is your blog. ♥

April 25, 2009 at 6:26 AM

Hi Ginger and thanks for your visit and sweet comment. My designs are for digital scrapbooking so are very large files. I actually don't allow them to be used on blogs, because they lose quality when reduced in size and don't look very good. In the future I plan to design some blog sets that would work nicely for your blog. Be sure to sign up to follow my blog, if you haven't already, so you will know when I have blog sets ready. ♥

April 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM

French Lace-A very lovely Flower indeed. It sounds like there are a hardy plant. I love roses and I use to plant the ones that are easy to maintain.. I'll be checking these out for sure. Thanks

April 25, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I have a French Lace rose too! It's one of my favorites. I fell in love with it many years ago when I saw it used in a wedding bouquet. I always remembered the name and about 5 years ago I finally bought one.

May 12, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Post a Comment