Decorating Your Home

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

When I first started blogging I remember reading on someones blog ,( I'm so sorry but I don't remember what blog) anyway she was suggesting different ways to decorate your home. I don't know about you but I love more than one style so I truly need to follow my heart when it comes to decorating. She said that she decorates by telling a story in her home, and that it just always seems to come together.
When we visit Cliff and Charlotte there home is so warm and when you look around there are so many stories, stories of different ministries, places they have visited, and people they love. Well now as I change things around are home I do try to tell a story.


This is a picture of a fruit bowl that my dad made when he was in high school. I like it because it has certain imperfections that make it so beautiful. This fruit bowl holds a large amounts of fruit, and I love the way it looks on our table. My dad's name was Gale Alexander he was 42 when he past away I was 17. My dad would of been 72 this month I miss him more than words can express!











This entry was posted at 4/20/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

12 comments

I love the fruit bowl that your dad made. He was very talented. I miss my parents so much too. But I can't help but be excited that one day I'll see them again and they will get to meet and love the other grandson (my youngest) that they never met!

April 20, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Splendid post. Have a great week.

April 20, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Wow Ginger. I can see why you love that bowl. Thank you for the kind words you said about our home. You're right. We do enjoy surrounding ourselves with things that have special meaning. I wish I had known your Dad.
Hugs,
Charlotte

April 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I love the concept of decorating to tell a story. Your dad's fruit bowl is beautiful! It looks so good on your table.

April 20, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I love it. It not only looks nice on your table but it also speaks. The memory lives on. I have something similar that is handed down from my mom and I love it. I have never really thought about my decorations telling a story. I will have to go home after work and look to see what story mine is telling.
Judy

April 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Hi Ginger,
What a beautiful fruit bowl, I see love displayed all over it! I just love keepsakes like this !! Your table looks so pretty!! Thanks for sharing.

I want to thank you and Charlotte for hosting Spiritual Sunday, You will never know how blessed I am each week when I read these posts.
Blessings,
Sue

April 20, 2009 at 8:35 PM

What a lovely fruit bowl, your Dad was a very talented man. It is a great way to remember him Ginger.

God bless.

April 20, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Hi Ginger, your table looks so pretty and the fruit bowl your dad made is a wonderful treasure. Just having it out and seeing it keeps his memory close to your heart...hugs, Linda

April 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Love the fruit Bowl...and it's even more special...because your dad made it.
Will be thinking of you..Julie

April 20, 2009 at 11:12 PM

I can certainly see why you cherish this bowl~ it is not only beautiful, handmade, but a treasure that your father made. I would use it for display everyday.

Love your kitchen!

Hugs

April 22, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Hi Ginger,
Your kitchen looks nice and cosy.I am glad you have such a nice reminder of your Dad.
take care,
Carolyn

April 23, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Ginger,
I am so sorry you lost your Dad at such a young age (yours and his) but what a lovely reminder you have of him every time you look at that wooden bowl.


Hugs,
Jean

May 3, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Post a Comment