Judging One Another

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Sometimes at work I need to me more careful because I feel that I pay way to much attention to other peoples work ethics. I know that we all have different things going on at work, but I need not to judge these other employees. It's hard for me to see someone get paid for something they are not doing. To me this is stealing in a round about way. This scripture comes to my mind when I need to be more cautions of what I'm thinking at work.

Matthew 7 1-5

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Please visit other Spiritual Sundays here
Have a blessed day,
Ginger

This entry was posted at 5/16/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 comments

I have been guilty of the same thing!
The scriptures speak the truth!
Have a wonderful Day!

May 16, 2009 at 5:17 PM
Anonymous  

It is so easy to be judgmental. I think everybody is guilty of it sometimes. I know I am. It's certainly good to remember what the Bible says about judging though, and at least try to do better. Thanks for the reminder.
Hugs,
Charlotte

May 16, 2009 at 10:27 PM

A very good reminder. It seems I need to be reminded often not to "bite" this bait of being judgmental or offended.

May 17, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I heard a story of a man that was letting his young child run wild on the subway. Finally one woman had enough and she confronted the man. He apologized and explained that he was coming back from the hospital where he had just lost his wife.Wow! You never really know what's going on with people. I guess no matter what they're doing they need our prayers more than our judgment. Boy, Ginger you hit home today! Thanks for the reminder!

May 17, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Hi Ginger,
A very good post. Thank you for sharing with us today. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Blessings,
Sandi

May 17, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Oh my ... how did you know I needed to see this, Ginger?!
I'm going to save it and keep nearby as a necessary reminder.

Warm wishes for a great new week,
Myra

May 17, 2009 at 1:09 PM

You "hit the nail on the head" here. We absolutely must be careful not to judge. However, when you go to work tomorrow you will not become suddenly ignorant and not know that your fellow employees are lazy or cheating. Just knowing something to be true is not judging. Viewing them as if you were God and condemning them would be judging. These people need some help. You can't keep from thinking about what they are doing or not doing. You can pray for them and leave it up to God AND THE MANAGER!

May 17, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Hi Ginger,
It is hard not to "feel" something when you see things going on all around you but praying for that person or persons is a good thing to do.


Blessings,
Jean

May 17, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Wonderful reflections, Ginger. I guess judgement is something we're all guilty of. Thanks for the reminder of what the Word says about it!
xo...Kathy

May 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Hi Ginger, I need that scripture everyday so I don't judge others, half the time I don't even realize I do it and that is no good at all. Thank you for reminding me not to judge but to keep myself in check.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Hugs
Melly:)

May 17, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Thanks for sharing these scriptures-there is often a need to be reminded not to judge others. Especially since I need to clean up my own stuff first-which means we should never judge for perfection will not come on this side. Blessings

May 17, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I fall into this fault too, Ginger.

May 18, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Hi Ginger,
I think this is a good reminder for all of us.
Thank you for sharing,
Carolyn

May 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I'm glad you like the bird songs. We seem to have more REAL birds around the house than ever before! Sometimes they sound just like the recording. And thanks for passing on God's Word about judging. His Word IS powerful and effective!

May 22, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Post a Comment