Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage


I Have this book called Stories for a Kindred Heart, it's one

of those books when I pick it up and read a short story it

always touches my heart, I wanted to share this story with you today.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


This was the experience of an old man who lay dying.

When the priest came to anoint him, he noticed an empty

chair at the man's bedside and asked him who had just

been visiting. The sick man replied, "I place Jesus on that

chair and I talk to Him."

For years, he told the priest, he had found it extremely difficult

to pray until a friend explained that prayer was just a matter

of talking with Jesus. The friend suggested that he imagine Jesus

sitting in a chair where he could speak with Him and listen to what

He said in reply." I have had no trouble praying ever since."


Some days later, the daughter of this man came to the parish

house to inform the priest that her father had just died. She said,

"Because he seemed s0 content, I left him alone for a couple of hours.

When I got back t0 the room, I found him dead. I noticed a strange

thing,though: his head was resting not on the bed but on an empty

chair that was beside his bed."

By
Walter Burkhardt
Please visit more more at Spiritual Sundays

Ginger

This entry was posted at 1/31/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

What a sweet story, honey. I'll look for that book to read also. I love those kind of stories.
Smooches,
Connie

January 31, 2009 at 1:27 PM

That was a lovely story.

January 31, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Oh my what a nice story~ just the perfect ending.

Thank you for sharing.

February 1, 2009 at 9:06 AM

That is a wonderful story Ginger. Thanks for sharing it.

February 1, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Ginger that story was just beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Only 17 days until we get to meet eachother. You can email me your cell phone number and I will programme it into my cell phone. I will email you my cell number. I am sooo looking foreward to Wednesday February 18th.

God bless.

February 1, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Ginger,
This is my first time to visit your blog and I have really been blessd. I have been searching for sites that was encouraging and uplifting. I will be following you daily and adding you to my blog roll. I hope that you will come by and visit. I have left an award for the new blogger friends that I have found by blog surfing. No rules to follow. God bless you.
Judy Deare

February 1, 2009 at 8:27 PM

What a wonderful Savior we have. I am sure He wants all of us to lay our heads in His lap. Thank you for sharing this story.

Jennifer

February 1, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Just stopping in to say HI. Nice story. It reminds me of what one of my friends was trying to do. She tries to invite Jesus along with her in everything she does. She will say, "Come on Jesus, let's go clean the House"....or "Come , let's go for a drive and go food shopping." She says she imagines him right there, like a friend ---sitting or walking next to her and she talks with him all day.

February 4, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Post a Comment