Lemon Curd & Lace Curtains

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage in ,











The other day I canned some Lemon curd, it's so easy to make! I made about 3 1/2 jars. It will take us a life time to eat that. I also made some scones to go with it. The scones called for cream I only had milk and french vanilla coffee creamer so I used the french vanilla coffee creamer, the scones had a hint of vanilla flavor I will use that all the time its was so good.While I was making the Lemon Curd I had the kitchen window open, the wind was blowing just enough so we could hear our wind chime that's hanging in our window( yep the one my husbands not to crazy about) and just enough so the lace curtains were blowing. I think I may of mentioned before how much I love when the wind blows and the lace curtains freely move. I think it looks so pretty.




I'm sure there are a few of you who may have lots of lemons and not sure what to do with them all, well this Lemon Curd recipe is SO~~~~~ easy you should give it a try. It is yummy on a English muffin also.




So here is the recipe,









1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into bits

Preparation
Whisk together juice, zest, sugar, and eggs in a 2-quart heavy saucepan. Stir in butter and cook over moderately low heat, whisking frequently, until curd is thick enough to hold marks of whisk and first bubble appears on surface, about 6 minutes.
Transfer lemon curd to a bowl and chill, its surface covered with plastic wrap, until cold, at least 1 hour.
Enjoy!

This entry was posted at 1/19/2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

Anonymous  

The lemon curd looks delicious. I can almost taste it. The lace curtains are so pretty blowing in the wind. We do have similar taste in decorating. That's for sure.
Hugs,
Charlotte

January 19, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Yummm! The lemon curd looks delish. Do you know about how many lemons the recipe takes? I need to buy some next trip to the store!
thanks

January 19, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Fresh air blowing through lace curtains is definitely a cottage pleasure! I also love anything citrus. Yummy!

January 19, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Ohhhh yum. Lemon curd...it's so good. Not only for scones...but dh uses it on his toast in the morning, too! I had wondered where my last jar of it went!!! LOL!!!

You might enjoy this recipe (it uses lemon curd & I make it for every special event and TEA Parties):

LEMON CHEESECAKE PUFF TARTLET...18 tarts

2 sheets Puff Pastry
1 egg, beaten
8oz cream cheese, softened
1c lemon curd
1c thawed frozen whipped topping
Fresh raspberries for garnish

Thaw the pastry at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it’s easy to handle.

Heat the oven to 375°F.

Lightly grease 12 cupcake pan cups. Unfold 1 pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12 x 12-inch rectangle. Cut pastry into 9 squares. Roll out to 4" and put into prepared cups. Brush top edges of pastry with egg, and prick center with a fork.

Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately press handle end of a wooden spoon into center of each shell to make an indentation.

Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove pastry cups from pans and cool completely on wire racks.

Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until it’s smooth. Beat in the lemon curd. Stir in the whipped topping.

Pipe cheese mixture into each pastry cup. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before serving or up to 1 day ahead. Top with a raspberry or blueberry.

These are just incredible!!! And so EZ!!

January 19, 2009 at 5:32 PM

H i Ginger,
I too love the lace curtains blowing in the breeze.I must try the lemon curd as I love to make scones.
Take care,
Carolyn

January 19, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Anonymous  

I love lemon curd and will have to try your recipe! I love your photos and I'm happy to have found your blog.

January 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Ginger, pretty pictures.
I love lemon curd..but have never made it. Thank you for the recipe and your scones sound yummy...hugs, Linda

January 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Ginger, Thank you so much..The award is lovely..I will 'wear' it with much pride..

Your Lemon Curd makes my mouth water..lol..Gotta get some lemons in the house..lol..I will try ur recipe and Rose Haven's too..YUMMY!!

Your pictures are Gorgeous...

Hugs...
PaisleyCatScrapsFreeBlogLayouts

January 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Anonymous  

Thanks for the lemon curd recipe, I am gonna make some, do I put in a pressure canner or hot water bath? Or do you just seal them up?
Thanks,
Bee

January 25, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Hi, I just use a hot water bath. Thank-you for stopping by.
Ginger

January 26, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Post a Comment