Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

January 9, 2010

Lending a Hand







Lending a Hand
From One Minute Prayers for Women

She opens her arms to the poor and extends her had to the needy.
Proverbs 31:20

To whom should I give today? Whom can I help? Let me start the day with this
question,Lord. If I am asking to be of service, then I cannot ignore the opportunities when they arise. I have looked into needy faces and kept walking. I think too much about such things. My mind asks, "How can I fix someones life?
You ask me to be a woman of charity and kindness. My actions to be a woman of charity and kindness. My action to assist another child of God
become a part of your will for that person. You are not calling me to fix her,
to make her whole. Only you can do that. My job is to lend a hand along the way.
From One Minute Prayers For Women

For more Spiritual Sunday please visit HERE


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This entry was posted at 1/09/2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

20 comments

So true. If only we will do what we can, God will do what we can't.

January 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

AMEN to this. Thanks for blessing us with this. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Debbie

January 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Anonymous  

There are so many people out there that need our help, even if it is just truly listening to them.

January 9, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I have always thought that each one of us should just do what we can with the opportunities that God gives us and not be worrying about doing big things in distant places. We often miss the opportunities for serving staring us right in the face. This is a great post. Thank you for posting it.

January 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM

You know, that's a good question to ask at the beginning of each day.
Thanks for sharing.
God bless,
Bethany

January 9, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Those who gives ~ have all things...

Bless you Ginger

January 9, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I really like this. What a different world we would have if everyone lived like this daily.

Katherine

January 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I want my hand to always be extended to help another up. thanks for this this. Sarah

January 10, 2010 at 7:39 AM

I tend to walk by too, Ginger. Thank you for sharing.

January 10, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Excellent post, Ginger. This would be a much better world if everyone followed this advice.
I really like the new look of your blog.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte

January 10, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Wow. This is so beautiful and a good reminder for all of us. A situation this week has me thinking of this and has encouraged me to move forward on it.
God bless.

January 10, 2010 at 10:10 AM

It is a joy to give, to help, and to share with others. "And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for which such sacrifices God is pleased." Hebrews 13:16

Have a blessed week in the Lord, Ginger!

January 10, 2010 at 2:48 PM

A great way to start the day!

January 10, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Good advice for us, thank you, Ginger.

January 10, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Your blog looks very pretty.

January 10, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Ginger,
This is so true how much would the world be different if we all lent a helping hand in our own surroundings. Thanks for posting this for us to ponder today. I really like your new look - it certainly is eye-catching!

Blessings,
Jean

January 11, 2010 at 2:51 PM

What a beautiful prayer and wonderful reminder of how we need to be there for each other. We are God's hands...

January 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Amen, Ginger . Great Post !
Blessings,
Myrna

January 12, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Beautiful. It's so nice to hear prayers that do not center on ourselves.

January 12, 2010 at 5:30 AM

Beautiful Ginger, and a wonderful reminder to us all.

God bless.

January 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Post a Comment