Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

January 20, 2010 Pressure Cookers




Have you ever cooked with a pressure cooker? A few years ago a lady from our church came to our home with her moms pressure cooker, mind you this woman is about 80 so this was a old pressure cooker. If only it could talk can you just imagine the wonderful stories it could tell. Anyway this woman and I canned asparagus. I enjoyed myself so much that day, and enjoyed this ladies company tremendously. Well to my surprise when she left our home she told me that this pressure cooker was mine to keep. This was such a special gift and I told myself that I would use it often. Well I hate to admit this but I have not used it, but would still like to. I'm afraid to use this by myself because of all the stories I have heard, stories about them blowing up. If anyone has any suggestions for me I would greatly appreciate them.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This entry was posted at 1/21/2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

I remember my grandmother using a pressure cooker ALL THE TIME! They lived on a farm and they canned all of their garden bounty. I remember hearing the talk about them blowing up too, so as little girl I was always kind of scared to get near the oven when she had it going. lol...
But boy did she always have awesome food on the table. It's such a treat to get something from someone who uses these contraptions! Hope you have good fun and food using it.!!

January 21, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Hi there,
My mom used to make stew in a pressure cooker when I was little.
Rosemary

January 21, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Well, sugar, I don't have any frightening stories but I do have a pressure cooker and love it. Don't use it very often but there really isn't any fear of it. Just try it once and see. It's really very easy,
xoxo,
Connie

January 21, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I have a pressure cooker. I hardly ever use it. In fact I forget I've even got it. It's not the kind you can in. It's just the kind you cook in. It really cooks stuff fast. You just have to watch it and follow the instructions.

January 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Count me in on the being scared to use one. I have one and eye it every so often. Still haven't worked up the courage to use it yet.

God bless.

January 21, 2010 at 8:25 PM

hi
You should go ahead and use your pressure cooker, In India it is used a lot , you wont believe it but i have 4 pressure cookers of various sizes for my everyday cooking and i use atleast 2 everyday ...
As you know it cooks food fast and retains nutrition so its the best thing to be used , you have to be careful about the water used inside and that it is properly sealed so get it checked before it is used...

January 22, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Post a Comment