One is nearer to God in the garden than anywhere else

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage


It has been a long time since I truly walked around in my garden. I know that's pretty sad. ( wipe tears ) Well it was no surprise to me to see what I love to call my garden look like patches of dirt with nothing but weeds. As I continue to walk I could see a rainbow at the end of the storm. Here are a few of the things that I just got a glimpse of and made me smile. I hope you enjoy.













Even if nothing is growing it's nice to see a pretty little sign here and there.




This little guy made me smile. I like when the birds help me garden.



One of my most favorite things on a house are vines growing on the walls. Although I love it so much I have the worry about the tile roof, and the paint chipping. This happened by default, so it's staying and I do plan to plant more vines. Life is to short not grow something you love just because of a little chip paint.



These are rununculas, they are such faithful little guys.

Ever year they just get prettier and prettier. They make a beautiful bouquet for the house





It is such a treat to see the bulbs come up from all the hard work in past years.





This is one of my favorite plants it is a Japanese Lantern
The hummingbirds love this plant.















This was amazing, it is my plum tree. All of the white flowers
looked so pretty up against the green hedge, it was just glowing.
I hope you enjoyed walking in my garden
ginger



































This entry was posted at 3/14/2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

15 comments

Lovely, lovely, lovely. I've got to get back out in our yard before it gets really really hot. All the backyard watering used to be my job until my knee problem. The knee is slowly getting better for which I'm totally grateful. I think I'll resume my activities in the backyard before long.
Have a great weekend.

March 14, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Oh I wish I had a smidget of your garden talent---I really need it because in May we are having my son's wedding here on our property. I vision a beautiful garden weddings... can I borrow your skills now through the spring...please!

March 14, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Hey--those are really wonderful. Did you take those pictures recently---? Never heard of runu--hmm whatever they were called--they are so pretty. I love the signs and the staute and the vine--looks great!! I would like to spend more time--but the heat, fire ants, and mesquitoes and gnats get pretty unbarable here in the summer!! So I try to have low maintanence stuff---but things always need watering!!! EVERY DAY it seems---especially the container stuff , and especially because we had such a drought last summer.

March 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Again as always forgive the typos and spelling!! yikeS!!!!

March 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Ginger, I love your signs. I need to get a few more for my garden.

March 14, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Your garden is looking lovely this time of year. I especially loved the blue mosaic sign :-)
Hugs,
Penny

March 14, 2008 at 11:41 PM

I think it's looking good. I was out gardening today. I can't wait until everything is looking pretty again.
Rosemary

March 15, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Ginger, I love the first signs of spring! Your garden signs look so nice. I am hoping next summer I'll be able to have a yard to work in and have some garden space. I can't this year since we're moving.Take care.

March 15, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Ginger, your garden is lovely and the bulbs are so pretty. Isn't it nice to have the little surprises pop up? Birds are great for that! I would be walking around in your garden, too! Tis wonderful!!

xo
Becky

March 15, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Hi Ginger, I loved my walk in your garden. Such sweet spring flowers and the Japanese Lantern bloom is a lovely flower...I can just imagine little hummers visiting it. Have a joyous weekend ...hugs, Linda

March 15, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Your garden is awesome. I especially enjoyed the purple little thing in the sidewalk crevice. Hardy! Spring is just barely coming out here, so I enjoy it when bloggers share their spring pictures.
Have a great day!

March 15, 2008 at 3:52 PM

If you like vines growing on a house, you'd love mine. In back, we can't keep the Ivy cut back often enough. We try to keep it off the window screens. And in front in three places we have Carolina Jasmine.
I loved the walk through your garden. I need to do that. It's almost time to clean up from winter.
Mama Bear

March 17, 2008 at 10:44 AM

What a gorgeous garden you have! I love all your beautiful touches. I wish I could I could come and visit!

:0) Sharon

March 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Beautiful flowers....spring is coming.....Happy Easter...Betty

March 20, 2008 at 4:42 AM

You have a lovely garden! Congratulations!

March 20, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Post a Comment