Good morning

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Okay here are the pictures of my goodies that I bought. I am one of those people who just take very little money to places like the flea market because it's just all for fun. I need NOTHING ! So I bring just enough so I can go on a treasure hunt. I bought this mirror for only $10.00's I am going to paint it white and make a chalk board like Cindy did at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/


Although I did not buy this at the flea market I cannot decide
which one to make into a chalk board. I will show you the finish project and it will be a surprise.










I have tried to take pictures of all my linens before and just have a hard time you can never see all the detail. But anyway here are the few lines I bought. The white table clothe is so beautiful and there's not one stain.











This was just an amazing find. We left the flea market about 2:30 and we still had the bargain shopper mode on in our heads and still wanted to find some more good buys. After we dropped off all of the stuff in the back of the truck we went to the Goodwill and OMG! This china hutch was only $45.00 . It had an $89.00 ticket on it(I thought that was good) and it was half off. SO I just had to buy it. I am going to paint it black and but white linens in it. But I have other projects I have got to finish first.
Have a wonderful day and thank-you for stopping by,
ginger





This entry was posted at 3/11/2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

13 comments

I love that top mirror and that china cabinet....waaaah, why can't I have a Goodwill near me!? I can't wait to see it painted and full of linens. What a great looking piece!

March 11, 2008 at 8:37 AM

OMGosh, Ginger...I am totally in love with ALL your great finds...especially that BEAUTIFUL cabinet and it is going to be breathtaking painted black (or creme, either one). I am partial to black right now and paint anything that stands still BLACK! HAHA
I painted my hutch several years ago and can not remember just what color black I used. You can go look at paint chips, tho, and choose a nice black. I sanded, primed one coat, then painted 2 coats of black on mine, lightly sanding and wiping off between coats. I can hardly wait to see this beautiful piece finished. All this makes me want to go shopping at the thrifts today....I have yard work that NEEDS to be done but it's not nearly as much fun as thrifting! I want to find a killer mirror like yours to make into a chalk board, too. Hurry and do yours so I'll know how to do it, :)
Do you paint the mirror with the chalk paint or take the mirror out and put in a board??
hugs, bj

March 11, 2008 at 10:08 AM

My goodness, Ginger. You truly are a bargain finder. I love everything you bought. And, hey, I even got a glimpse of the old car. ha.
Looks like you'll be busy for awhile with all these projects. Have fun.

March 11, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Wow! great finds! I can't wait to see the finished product! Have a good day!

March 11, 2008 at 2:14 PM

I LOVE YOUR BLOG YOU AND ME HAVE THE SAME PASION ABOUT GOD .
LET ME INVITE YOU TO MY BLOG..I HOPE YOU POST YOUR COMMENT IT HELP ME TO IMPROVE EACH DAY..

March 11, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Beverly from Tea Time sent us over. What a fun trip you had. Can't wiat to see your finishid projects.

March 11, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Ginger, you found some amazing treasures. Can't wait to see which mirrow you chose...both are great.
I'd like to visit your Goodwill, that is a great hutch and when it's all finished and filled with your linens...gorgeous. Hugs, Linda

March 11, 2008 at 6:31 PM

OMG...look at all the treasures you are going to have so much fun with! I love them all! I could shop forever at flea markets and the goodwill...

March 11, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Oh my Ginger you sure got some lovely deals. I especially love the hutch. Just amazing.

Please post the picture of your finished frame made into a blackboard. I would love to see it.

Thanks too for the video you emailed me on fairy gardens.

God bless.

March 12, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Woweee--what a buy on that hutch that should look so pretty --you will have to do it and show it. A checkerboard out of a mirror--hmmm weird--guess I will have to look at the post you referred to.

March 12, 2008 at 11:06 PM
Anonymous  

I can't believe you got that Hutch for only $45! What a bargain!! I am going thrifting today. Hope I can find a treasure like that. I like your website. Come visit me if you get the chance. KatydidsKountry.blogspot.com

March 14, 2008 at 7:23 AM

Looks like you have your hands full! Let us know how it all turns out! I love the old mirror (wood one) for the chalkboard! It is really unique. Cindy's turned out so sweet. If only my dad was so clever! haha!

xo
Becky

March 15, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Hi, I clicked on your name from your comment over at Kathys Cottage! I love the things you are finding! I'm good at buying but not good at completing projects! The mirror here looks a lot like one I got at goodwill for $10.00 also! Come on over and see what I did to it!

March 26, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Post a Comment