Proverbs

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage


Keep falsehood and lies far from me, give me neither poverty nor
riches, but give me only my daily bread.
Proverbs 30:8

There is such peacefulness about being content! Over the years this is something that I have struggled with.




I am trying to read my Bible more ( daily ) It's kinda sad because I could spend hours here online but only take a small amount of time to read my Bible. I need to have a happy in between. Lately I have not felt like I am getting anything from Sunday Morning at church and have been very disappointed thinking to myself I would like to see if I would get spiritual feed at a new Church. But then I read something and this is what it said:

If we neglect the habit of reading the Bible, we go to church spiritually starved. We will look to the church to fill our empty souls. And we will be disappointed, because the church cannot, in one or two hours on Sunday morning, fill the void that we create by neglecting the Word of God.
Come to church prepared. Read your Bible beforehand. You will be blessed, and Christ will be exalted!
Here is a link to a Web page that I keep just to have on hand for reference its kinda nice
http://web2.airmail.net/dpelc/yellow/

This entry was posted at 11/13/2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

11 comments

So lovely!! Thank you.
I also love your I Can Only Imagine...I have it on my playlist, as well.
hugs, bj

November 13, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Yes--I have found that church is my place to worship. Bible studies are my place for fellowhip and looking at the Word from different angles. Home time is the place for indepths, or just reading the Word and listening to God. I go to an accountablity group for Christian living and a lot of us are reading the same passages from the OT, psalms, gospels, and letters. This is really neat and my husband does the same (I think it is called the daily office---you read the Bible in about 2 years--)

November 13, 2007 at 12:40 PM

So true, Ginger! So true...
Thank you : )
Love you,
Marion

November 13, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Ginger, I try to read scripture every day. Some days I succeed and others I don't. Like you I have to strike a balance in my life. I think it's a never ending struggle for me. Hope to win it one day soon.

November 13, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Thank you so much for everything you do. We love you guys!!!

November 13, 2007 at 8:58 PM

Such true words! I just had to come by, Enchanting Cottage sounded wonderful, it is has lived up to its name!

Blessings,
Melissa

November 13, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Very true. It is sad to say I'm not reading by Bible as much as I use to either. Thank you for this post and the gentle nudge. Linda

November 14, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Beautifully said... Thank you so much.

Smiles to you...

Beverly

November 14, 2007 at 7:30 PM

Some of my nicest times in church was when I would go to Mass during the week with my daughter at age two...it was just "our" time. Very nice post, especially around the holidays.

November 14, 2007 at 9:37 PM

So true! We do need to spend quaility time with the Lord every day! I really notice it when I don't do it. I like to spend 1/2 hour to one hour with the Lord every morning and my day seems to go so much better!

Hugs, Sharon

November 15, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Ginger,
Thank you so much for your post on my blog. I went to Rachels website and read thru everything.
Your blog is SOOOO INSPIRATIONAL and I wondered if I could add your name to my favorite blogs to read.
Please let me know and thank you sooooo much for stopping by to say hello.
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

November 15, 2007 at 9:32 PM

Post a Comment