Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

April 9,2011

Nothing to Fear
 Psalms 34:4-5

 I sought the Lord, and he answered me,
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant,
their faces are never covered with shame.

   
God walks with us. He scoops us up in His arms or simply sits
with us in silent strength until we cannot avoid the awesome
recognitions that yes, even now, He is here.
     By Gloria Gather


There are so many rumors going around at my work these days.
Our contracts up, my location my close the doors, our pay may get cut.
It is hard to avoid these rumors, it's hard to trust my company, but it's not
hard to trust in the Lord. In my heart I feel that why should I be exempt from a cut pay.
Men and women who work to protect our city have had a huge cut in pay, I can live
with a cut in pay. What bothers me is I see how much of a profit my company makes,
the only word that comes to my mind is greed!

Proverbs 28:25



He who is of a greedy spirit stirs up strife, but he who puts his trust in the Lord shall be enriched and blessed


Thank-you so much for stopping by today, please stop by Spiritual Sunday to visit some awesome post.

  

This entry was posted at 4/09/2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

18 comments

I am praying hard for you Ginger. Rumors are so ugly and gossip worse! I work in a tiny office full of mean women. when you work with non believers it is so difficult and why God keeps me there is beyond me! But your post today really says it all. Keep trusting Him. Love to you. Anne

April 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Me too Ginger..praying for you. ☺

April 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Praying for you Ginger....love the visual that Gloria Gather presents here in her quote...That's right where I want to be...in His arms.

April 9, 2011 at 7:51 PM

The wicked will get their judgement even when it looks like they are reaping benefit in this world. Keep trusting Him, and keep your eyes on Eternity!

Blessings, Debbie

April 9, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I will add you to my prayer list this week...
peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

April 9, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Very sad indeed. But the Word of the Lord is faithful and true. There is no profit in the long run.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

April 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I, too, am praying for you Ginger, for God's protection. He is always faithful.

April 9, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Hi Ginger,

The question I always ask when the word greed comes up is, How much is enough? The only answer I seem to respond with is, It's never enough for the greedy.

Praying for you an those affected by salary and employment cuts.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

April 10, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Hope all works out well for you in God's time, Ginger!

April 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Anonymous  

We need to seriously pray about this culture of greed-- not only in our country, but around the world. I hope those rumors at your work don't pan out to be true....

April 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I think we can see greed everywhere we look and it is so depressing. I will pray for you and all who are affected by the greed of others.

April 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

You shouldn’t worried, nor allow anything to rob you of your peace.
Because you have God by your side. Have the certainty that He will take care of you.
Keep trusting Him completely.

April 11, 2011 at 1:19 AM

I agree Ginger about the greed of "corporate America". But in Christ we can have peace in the midst of our circumstances and He will provide our every need.

Blessings,
Joan

April 11, 2011 at 7:06 AM

I love the imagery of God sitting next to us in quiet strength. I'll be praying your work situation will change for the better.

Blessings,
Pamela

April 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM

We were in the same boat. with the Gov. budget in the air we were trying to prepare for the reality that my husband would have to keep working without pay and with retroactive pay once budget was passed. Prayers were answered. I will pary for you. These are very scary times we live in. Blessings, Joanne

April 11, 2011 at 1:05 PM

I know many people can identify with this situation, Ginger. I'm glad we can rely on God, because everything in this world is so transitory. Things can change over night for good or for bad. I'm praying for you.
Blessings,
Charlotte

April 11, 2011 at 2:18 PM

So sorry for the tough situation- saying a prayer for everything to work out in the best possible way :)

Lily

April 12, 2011 at 1:20 AM

That is a beautiful promise from psalms.
I agree with you about the pay cuts that are happening everywhere. There is so much greed in our world today and wickedness in high places. God be with us and deliver us from all evil.

April 15, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Post a Comment