Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage


 About 15 years ago we planted over 50 shrubs and a handful of trees. I had a vision,all I wanted to see out our windows were living walls.  This was not very easy over the years, with different  kinds of weather,and water shortages it was a challenge but now when we look out of every one of our windows all we see is green and all we here are birds, we feel like were somewhere else and not in a neighborhood.I new that I could not just plant all of these shrubs and trees without watering them,or feeding them,because I new they had a purpose a pretty big one at that. I didn't want to risk loosing any of them.I needed to nurture them in order for them to grow just the right way. This is how our Christianity  is, we can't just be baptized and think that over night we will be a mature Christian, it can take years~and years of becoming a mature Christian . We need to nurture our souls, we need to water ,and feed our Christianity.We need to have faith and trust in the Lord.

Acts 14:22 

22 strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” they said.

I hope that you stop by and visit other Spiritual Sunday post this weekend.
God Bless,
Ginger

This entry was posted at 4/02/2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

what a great analogy Ginger.....and looking out your window sounds beautiful.....

April 3, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Love the vision of your yard! And what you say is so true...we need nourishment to grow...we need challenges to become more like Christ....Blessings!

April 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Ginger - I've been thinking about planting and watering today. Love your analogy and the description of your yard sounds beautiful.

Blessings,
Joan

April 3, 2011 at 2:52 PM

What a clear picture of maturing in Christ. And how I love the thought of your shrubs and birds. What a sanctuary!

Blessings,
Pamela

April 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog re. "Soul Food vs. Soul Satisfaction. I think your blog today applies to this also - the part about it taking years and years! At least it's been years and years of a journey for me!

April 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM

What a good analogy, Ginger. And your yard is so pretty. It certainly shows years of loving labor to keep it looking that way.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs & blessings,
Charlotte

April 3, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Thank you for sharing. This is a beautiful message.

April 4, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Baptism is a beginning not an end. As we are rebirthed through the waters we emerge mere babes. Now it's time to begin the growing and learning process. And, just like our physiological growth, our spiritual growth is a process. Thanks for the beautiful analogy. I too have a living fence around my backyard and it is alive with birds... I love it!
Blessings, Debbie

April 5, 2011 at 4:56 PM

What encouraging Bible verses and words! Thank you for them. AND for some sweet family memories. At one of my favorite houses, I had the joy of planting a veritable forest outside my kitchen window. It was such a delight to look out and enjoy nothing but gorgeous plants. A gift from God, indeed! :)

April 5, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Post a Comment