A New Clothes Line

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage




I'm so excited about a little something I bought myself. I bought a clothes line, even though my husband does laundry, and mind you he is very good at it, I can hardly wait to put it together and start using it. Our Electric and gas bill keeps going up and up so I thought I would try to dry some of the items on a line outside. My husband and I will share the laundry chore, I hope it works out for the better. If anyone can give me any tips on how to make some of the clothes softer like towels, I would love any tip that you have.
Have a wonderful day,
Ginger

This entry was posted at 7/10/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

Hi Ginger, I have a clothes line too and love it. For softer towel I just add a bit of fabric softner to the rinse cycle. Hugs, Linda

July 11, 2009 at 1:07 AM

I want to have a clothes line too but I live in a subdivision and space is limited.
Judy

July 11, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Ginger,
There is nothing like the smell of sheets and towels that have been lined dried! Wonderful!

Jean

July 11, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Hey Ginger, I love the clothes line! I use mine all spring, summer and fall. If it wasn't so darn cold here in the winter I might even be tempted to use it then as well. Enjoy!

God bless.

July 12, 2009 at 9:42 PM

I used to love to hang clothes outside on the line! They smell so fresh!

I saw on CBS news this morning that a woman is having to fight to keep her clothesline, her neighbors are rebelling against it, they have cut it down and done really mean things to her. Can you imagine??

Katherine

July 13, 2009 at 12:40 AM

I also have a cloths line and love it! It's it a wonderful feeling to let the beautiful sun and wind dry the cloths... so much better for our Mother Earth.

Any tips? Ummm... I'll be checking to see if anyone has some!

Hugs

July 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I love clotheslines. I used to have a pulley line my son made for me and I could stand on the deck deck to hang the clothes. It was wonderful to see the sheets billowing in the wind knowing the wonderful fragrance they would have.
I really don't know any way to keep the clothes softer. Maybe an extra rinse.

July 15, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I also use a clothesline. Add vinegar in the final rinse. When you hang them, the smell goes away. Honestly I do put my clothes in the dryer about 5 minutes to "fluff". Works like a charm. BTW, my electric bill dropped $16.00 the first month I started using my clothesline

July 21, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Post a Comment