Queen Ann's lace

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Queen Ann's lace is by far one of my top 3 favorite plants. They say that it is like a weed, but every year I buy a little six pack of these precious plants because they never come back. Maybe I take care of them to good. Well yesterday I was outside and I just happen to notice this beautiful Queen Ann's lace Oh my gosh it was taller than me ( that's not saying to much but I am 5'4) and it was growing up in this trellis that I have my humming bird vine on ( that has never bloomed)but needless to say it looks so pretty playing pick a boo with the humming bird vine. I just love surprises in my garden like this one.If you want go ahead a click on the picture to see it up close. I do not work tomorrow my day off changed this week so I will be in my garden all day, I can hardly wait, I will try to remember to take pictures.
Have a beautiful day,
ginger

This entry was posted at 4/28/2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

Wow!! That is too cool!! I can't wait to get outside and garden! Have a great day! Terrie

April 28, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Wow Ginger, I'm impressed. Hope you have a nice day off.

April 28, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Your Queen Ann's Lace is gorgeous. Every once in awhile I see it growing wild along the road side...I love it....it always reminds me of an old fashion flower, I like to put it in an old canning jar on my kitchen table.. What kind of blooms does the humming bird vine have? I hope it will bloom for you this year. Have a wonderful day in your garden. Hugs, Linda

April 28, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Thanks for sending me the message from the Blue Gate. Have you visited that blog? It's really neat. She has a Mac computer so the look is a lot different. You have to click on the shortened version of each post to get the whole thing. It's very interesting.

April 28, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Hi Ginger,
I love that too!! It's so pretty and delicate.
Have a great day!
Rosemary

April 28, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Anonymous  

I adore Queen lace.... I did not know you could buy it. I see it growing along side the road and just love... I'm so jealous that you have it growing in your yard...
Hugs
Linda
Thanks for stopping by and for giving Charlotte the message....

April 28, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Your Queen Ann's Lace is just beautiful. I don't grow any, but usually manage to pick some from the ditches here when we are driving around.

Take care. God Bless.

April 28, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Have fun in your lovely garden!
hugs, bj

April 29, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Ginger, I love Queen Ann's lace too! As children the fields were filled with these beautiful flowers around our Summer cottage. My brother, sister and I would pick them, put them in food coloring. We would then place them all over the cottage. Oh what fun that was..
Thanks so much for the sweet memories!
Yours sure are very tall.
What a lovely surprise....
Hope you have a beautiful day!
~Mary~ :-}

April 30, 2008 at 7:51 AM

I love queen anne's lace--I only see it when I go to the mountain area.

May 1, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Post a Comment