Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage


Here are a couple of pictures of some napkins that were in a 1998 issue of Victory mag. I thought of Cindy from http://romantichome.blogspot.com/ She go a special gift from a blogger friend and they were napkins almost exactly like these. Check out her blog and see. A person can never ever ever have too many of these precious napkins. I will hand all mine down to my granddaughter. I hope that she is like me, I want to teach her how to cook, how to garden, how to clean,
my husband will have to teach her how to do laundry. I want to teach her that all of these things can be special not just chores. Its what we make of it. I want to teach her the difference between thread counts in sheets , I want to teach how to make a good pie crust, to cut herbs from the garden to cook with I want to teach her that some weeds are good for you and there is a weed that is BAD for you!! I want to teach her the feeling of drinking out of a tea cup instead of a mug.
I want to teach her that there is an art to listening to a friend when they are talking and I want to teach her about GOD!

This entry was posted at 12/14/2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

13 comments

These napkins are gorgeous. I will have to tootle over to see what Cindy received. I remember reading about her search.

I love this story of how you want to share with your grandaughter. These are perfect things! One can never learn enough about the "finer" things in life. You are a wonderful person!!!!

xo
Becky

December 14, 2007 at 11:40 AM

Beautiful napkins and wonderful sentiments to pass on to your granddaughter. I am sure that you will be an excellent teacher and role model.

Hugs.

December 14, 2007 at 3:48 PM
Anonymous  

They are so beautiful. You just can't beat white. Thank you for your kinds post.
Alexandra

December 14, 2007 at 6:47 PM

Some of my fondest memories are exactly what you will be making with your granddaughter. I cooked, ironed, sewed and worked in the garden with my grandmother... all very happy times.
The brittle from your previous post looks so yummy, I plan to make fudge tomorrow, another favorite. Linda

December 14, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Beautiful napkins. I love the finer things, too. I grew up with real plates, cloth napkins, pretty silverware....and so did my children. Our grandchildren, however, come from a very different time and know paper plates, red solo cups, plastic silverware much better than the real thing. However, they are all learning. I love that they can sit down at a pretty dressed table and be comfortable. They are learning a lot from their moms and grandmothers but, wow....they have taught ME a lot, too! And, brought back memories.
hugs, bj

December 15, 2007 at 8:50 AM

How fortunate can your granddaughter be to have such a sensitive and loving grand mother.

Thanks for visiting Oak Rise Cottage.

December 16, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Yes, nice thoughts about what you want to pass down to your granddaughter. Life is full ;-)--and granddaughter's are awesome!

December 17, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Those are very similar to mine! They looks so beautiful in that photograph with the ivory soap in the jar.

Your granddaughter is lucky! It is so nice to have someone to teach you those things. My mom taught me well and I'm so thankful for it!

December 17, 2007 at 1:52 PM

I think it's so sad how few people have a multi-generational vision like you wrote about. I also want to pass on these things to my granddaughter(s). Don't have any yet, but my oldest is expecting in August!!

December 17, 2007 at 3:07 PM

What a sweet post! I wish you many grandchildren.....I raised 4 boys and guess what? They married and had 4 more boys! I have one son left that is not married. I tell him he has to get marriend and give me a grand DAUGHTER! I just want to buy a little red velvet First Christmas Dress :-).
Penny

December 17, 2007 at 7:11 PM

Beautiful napkins- keepsakes and treasure, just like what you will pass on to your granddaughter...with the greatest treasure learning about God!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

December 17, 2007 at 11:18 PM

What a wonderful grandmother you are!
Mary

December 20, 2007 at 1:07 AM

isn't it one of life's blessings to make special memories with your loved ones?! she will treasure you times together and your lessons forever. i hold dear to me the time and instruction given to me by my sweet Nana. i wish you and your family the happiest of holidays! HE is the reason for the season. karri

December 21, 2007 at 1:07 AM

Post a Comment