Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Reflections
July 17,2010

The morning time is by far my favorite time of day. I love having that hour before work to enjoy a conversation and coffee with my best friend, my husband. Every morning at the same time I pour my coffee and get my cream out of the refrigerator. One morning this past week I saw a reflection of our lace curtains on our refrigerator. I have never noticed this before so it took me by surprise, the reflection was beautiful. It made me think about what kind of reflection do I have as a person, is it beautiful, is it Christ like? Do people know I have Jesus in my life or are they taken by surprise when they find out? I want to have the reflection of the Lord when people see me, I want my light to shine.

Matthew 5:14-16

14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

For more Spiritual Sundays please visit
HERE


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This entry was posted at 7/17/2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

21 comments

this is beautiful Ginger. I want my life to shine for Him too. I will remember this little story.

July 17, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Good reminder, Ginger! I hope that we as Christians will allow our reflection to be His love shining through us.

Blessings,
Linda J

July 17, 2010 at 4:47 PM

What a beautiful post, Ginger. I love you. I love your best friend too.
Hugs & blessings,
Charlotte

July 17, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Anonymous  

Hi Ginger, What a great post. Do you remember the song from childhood - This Little Light of Mine, I'm Gonna Let It Shine?

July 17, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Great post! Excellent illustration.

July 17, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I love lighting tea candles here and there in my house. I love the soft glow, especially when it's beginning to get dark. And what a difference that little light does to lit up the whole room...I can't imagine if there are many of us, scattered, shining in the dark, for the Lord's glory....Blessings to you sister Ginger.

July 17, 2010 at 10:04 PM
Anonymous  

Excellent Devo Ginger! It is in the everyday that you hear the voice of the Shepherd!

Steve

July 17, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Anonymous  

Just beautiful!

July 17, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Beautiful reminder for us to shine His light in our daily life.
Sweet Blessings
Virginia

July 18, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Oh Ginger,
What a beautiful story and photograph for all of us to enjoy and learn from...It is SO inspiring! And thank you for sharing it...
Blessings to you,
Cindy

July 18, 2010 at 12:35 AM

May we SHINE oh so brightly for HIM each and everyday!

Bless you Ginger! Thank you for shining brightly each week here @ SS! For being a wonderful mentor! I love and appreciate you so very much!

July 18, 2010 at 3:04 AM

Isn't is special when God shows us His light in the everyday things? He is Light!

July 18, 2010 at 7:21 AM

What a great reminder! Thank you for Spiritual Sundays. I posted on Charlotte's blog that I just found it last week. I really like it! :)

July 18, 2010 at 10:16 AM

What a lovely revelation! I must look at my reflection too.
Thanks for posting this.

July 18, 2010 at 4:24 PM

What a wonderful thought, Ginger.

July 18, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Excellent post, Ginger! Our reflection reveals to folks who we are. "As in water face reflects face, So the heart of man reflects man." Proverbs 27:19 Thank you for sharing. And have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

July 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM

This is a powerful reflection, Ginger, and my heart is linked to yours....I want Jesus shining through!

July 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Beautiful, Ginger, thank you ~ Blessings ~

July 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Beautiful post Ginger! I also heard you had a birthday so Happy Belated Birthday Blessings to you! I just posted a piece about the Sunday School Song This Little Light of Mine. I truly love that simple childhood song. Thank you for another reminder.

July 18, 2010 at 11:45 PM

You are a light Ginger, a beautiful sunbeam..
Keep shining because you do reflect Him. Hugs

July 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM

wonderful post!

July 23, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Post a Comment