Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Being A Proverbs Woman

Picture from google images


Titus 2:5
5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.


Proverbs 31:17

17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.

I have always enjoyed being domestic and enjoyed making a home for my family.

One of my prayers are that my husband and I can grow old in our home, that I can be domestic and take care of my husband the way the Lord would want me to as I grow old. I do need to add that I am so blessed to have a husband who helps with everything, although I do enjoy being domestic working full time tends to make me a bit behind on things, that's where my wonderful husband comes along.

Another prayer of mine is that our granddaughter will have the desire to love the Lord and to be a proverbs women as well. I pray that I can set examples for her, as I'm the only woman in her life that lives for the Lord.

Last week I posted a song by the West Ladies, well as the week went I looked at their web page. They have different domestic DVDs for sale for example how to make bread, sew, make soap, candles. I bought one on how to make things with different herbs from the garden. I received this video already and it truly put a smile on my face. My husband even enjoyed watching and learning all the different things to make. Here is the link just in case you are interested, Blessings.

I would love for you to stop by Spiritual Sunday to read some wonderful post this weekend.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This entry was posted at 7/31/2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

17 comments

Anonymous  

Hi Ginger, I really enjoyed this post. I have sweet memories of grandma and mother enjoying making their houses a HOME and like you, it gives me great pleasure too. Wonderful verses you have shared. Those videos sound very good - I appreciate you telling about them. I have a few blog friends who grow herbs and make home-made soap! Blessings to you in the week ahead.

July 31, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I want to be a Proverbs woman as well yet I know I am unable without HIs help! Seeking HIm to do all HE has for me and be all HE wants me to be!

Love this post Ginger! Bless you

August 1, 2010 at 12:40 AM
Anonymous  

You are a wonderful example of a Proverbs Woman. Your granddaughter is lucky to have you in her life.

August 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Hi Ginger...just looking at the door in the pic...is comforting..There's something so homey about it and your post. Have a great Sunday.

August 1, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Good post. I hope you and Wayne had a nice day yesterday---wherever you went. It's overcast and threatening rain here today. We need all the rain we can get. We are getting ready to leave for church. Have a great day.

August 1, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Hi Ginger,
You and Wayne are both blessed to have each other. I pray for your granddaughter too and for her parents. Have a great day.
Hugs & blessings,
Charlotte

August 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I want to be a Proverbs woman too.
Great post.
Blessings,
Virginia

August 1, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Your comments make me concerned for granddaughter also. Lucky she is to have you. Well, lucky? Maybe, maybe not - perhaps Divine intervention.

Thank you for puting the information about the DVD's on your post. I truly want to be more self sufficient, and I have found little direction. There are many books, but most are way over my head. Most books do not understand the mind of the true novice.

August 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Lovely post, Ginger....

August 1, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I love anything to do with making the home a cozy place where God is present. Thank you for the scriptures and the link.

August 1, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Hey Ginger,, happy sunday.. cute idea with your window..
I too have a lot of the same desires for my and my husband as you do..
thanks for sharing,, stop by an see me some time..
Have a great week..

August 1, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Hi Ginger...
I wanted to visit your blog.."Enchanting Cottage" ..how could I resist? Oh, I love the West ladies..I follow their blog and have their website under my favorites. I also am a fan of their page on Facebook. I just wish they'd post more often :) :)
Have a lovely week!!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

August 1, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Thanks for sharing those beautiful thoughts, Ginger. Blessings ~

August 1, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Hi Ginger, Another wonderful Spiritual Sunday and lovely post. Thank you for the encouraging Bible verses as well! As you can imagine, I heartily share your prayers for my grandchildren and me as well - it's what gives me the drive for all of the activities for grandparents and their grandchildren that I so enjoy with my grandkids. Joining you in prayer today for all our grandchildren!

August 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM

A worthy ambition !I love the pic of the apron as a curtain, is that in your home ?
Blessings,
~Myrna

August 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I absolutely love the picture of the apron over the window. How sweet!!!
I pray what when people walk into my home they feel the presence of the Lord. I think that's about the cosiest welcome I know.

August 5, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Ginger, I think grey hair rocks! And believe me I have my fair share.LOL
PS Thanks for the link...I'm going there now.

August 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Post a Comment