Spiritual Warfare

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Please click on the above picture and it will take you to many other bloggers who have taken the
time to share something spiritual.





My prayer life has been so strong this week, so many of you have been on my heart. These scriptures came to my mind and I wanted to share it today.

Ephesians 6:10-20

The Armor of God

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Our best friends that live next door to us will be moving this weekend. We have had some wonderful times together and have built a friendship that does not happen very often. We will
be helping them move and will be gone most of Saturday and Sunday so it may be late Sunday afternoon when I will be able to read every ones post. I am looking forward to reading each and everyone and maybe even some new people will join in.

God Bless,

Ginger

This entry was posted at 8/07/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

19 comments

Thank you for reminding us of this scripture and the power and necessity of prayer. I know you will miss your neighbors. It's always an emotional time when these changes come.
Blessings,
Charlotte

August 8, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Thanks for sharing this verse and we really need to don it every day as we battle with unseen enemies.

God bless you and your neighbors and may there be no hassle with their move. Have a great weekend.

August 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Beautiful verse, thank you and God bless you.

Anne

August 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

That is the key isn't it? Realizing the person or situation is not the problem but the spirit behind the person or situation is. And God has given us His own weapons against that. Praise the Lord! Thank you Ginger! I needed that reminder.:)

August 8, 2009 at 9:49 PM

This verse and the picture it gives of a warrior, i always preceive as POWERFUL!
That we be strong warriors for the cause of the lord...

Blessings
Bernice

August 8, 2009 at 10:33 PM

This verse always reminds me of my Pastor's wife as this is the way she always lives.

August 9, 2009 at 3:40 AM

It's hard to leave loved ones behind or to watch them go. I recently moved and am thankful for email and the telephone.Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

August 9, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Good morning Ginger, your scripture is beautiful and powerful as well. So many times we need to to put on our armor and let God protect us from evil things. We need to trust that God is there for us at all times.

Blessings, Jeanne

August 9, 2009 at 8:51 AM

A great post, thanks for those verses ~

August 9, 2009 at 11:21 AM

We need to be reminded of this Scripture often. Thank you. Have a great weekend.

August 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Thank you for your powerful prayers for me. Yes, the armor is a must every day and for me, I remind myself of it throughout the day! How nice of you to help your neighbors. Be blessed!

August 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Hello Ginger,
It is a great reminder to don the armor during a difficult time. Thank you,
Puna

August 9, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Ginger, I say those verses every time I know that I will have to stand firm on a decision with Parish Council. Sometimes my decisions are not well liked, but after awhile many of the council members come to see my reasoning.

Sorry to hear your neighbours are moving....ties that bind never fade however.

God bless.

August 9, 2009 at 6:44 PM

It is always sad when great friends move this happened to my daughter and her best friends a couple of years ago they do still keep in contact
hopefully you and your friend will still be able to keep in contact

August 9, 2009 at 6:59 PM

This is one of my most favorite scriptures...thank you, Ginger, for posting this for us this Sunday!

Blessings,
Jean

August 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM

This is a great post. I was just talking about things going on in the world that are so difficult to deal with and my Dad reminded me it's all up to God. And this scripture is so true. Thanks for sharing it with us today!

August 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Hello Dear Ginger,

What a lovely post. The book of Ephesians is one of my favorite books. Thank so much for sharing. God bless you my friend and enjoy a beautiful week.

Smiles...

Beverly

August 10, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Ginger,
Thank you so much for these types of postings. They are a huge blessing to more women than you know. God bless!
Joy

August 15, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Ginger, are you okay. Hope to see a post from you soon.

God bless.

August 15, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Post a Comment