How Does Your Garden Grow

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage






                I'm reading a book called Intimate Conversations, Devotions to Nurture a Woman's Soul by Alicia Britt Chole
In one of the chapters she describes our spiritual life's as a garden and ask to describe your current condition.
So how is your spiritual life.

  • newly planted
  • recovering from pesticides
  • nurtured
  • forgotten
  • weedy
  • fruitful
  • in need of attention
  • bug infested
  • ready for something new
  • covered in manure
  • embarrassing
  • dry
  • poorly guarded
  • postcard material
After ready this chapter it made be realize that I have God in my life but I need to make him the center of my life.
Please stop by Spiritual Sunday this weekend and read some wonderful blogs, and don't forget to stop by the Prayer blog and pray for those who need our prayers.
God Bless,
Ginger





This entry was posted at 7/16/2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 comments

Hi Ginger,
This is really good. It is so easy to let other things crowd out the really important things in life just like weeds can crowd out flowers in a garden. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.
Blessings,
Charlotte

July 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Very interesting! I will have to check out that book. right now my spiritual "garden" is ready for something new...we are looking for a new church to attend.
Great post. Blessings, Joanne

July 16, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Ginger, this is very thought-provoking. I am going to really pray about my garden and see where I'm really at! Hmmm....

July 16, 2011 at 11:19 AM
Anonymous  

Sounds like such a great book! I love it when people use analogies. Hmm. I need to look at that list and reflect a minute...
So happy that we have Spiritual Sundays to help us tend that "garden."

July 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Hi Ginger,
That sounds like an interesting book. I love the gardening terms and using them to describe the condition of our hearts :) :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

July 16, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Good post Ginger. Come to see us. It's cooled down some lately. Not cool, but cooler. LOL

July 16, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Anonymous  

Hi Ginger, A lovely post and thank you for the review of this book. I hope you have a blessed Sunday.

July 16, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Hi Ginger....hope your staying cool out there and having a great Sonday....

July 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Hi Ginger,

This is a wonderful post...I'm sure this part of the book represents what is inside, and it looks like something most, if not all, should read...we all get weeds, even when we've watered, fed and received sunshine..they just have a way of sprouting up without notice, til one day, they take over the beautiful flowers...we dare not be idle in our weeding and pruning, but always on guard for the first sign of a "weed seed". It's nice to visit your blog today, Ginger...I haven't been on in quite a long time, but wanted to stop in and say hello.

Hope you had a wonderful week-end!

Mary

July 18, 2011 at 1:55 AM

I'm going to try and find this book, Ginger. Life gets busy and we find God out of first place. Reminds me of this chorus written by Twila Paris:

You are Lord of creation and Lord of my life. Lord of the land and the sea. You were Lord of the heavens before there was time. And Lord of my life You will be.

July 18, 2011 at 12:36 PM

You are the only one that makes you, you. Enjoy the time you have.

July 20, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Hello. I'm a simple man with a low salary. I need money to buy an apartment. You do charity. You buy my coin. " www.rus-co.blogspot.com ". I will be grateful. You make a good deed. Thank You.

November 8, 2011 at 12:11 PM

interesting book.

December 5, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Best louis vuitton sale in www.louisvuittonoutletwebsiteuk.co.uk

October 5, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Post a Comment