Beautiful Hankies

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage in ,

The other day I was talking to a lady at work, and mentioned I wanted to start a quilt for my granddaughter using old hankies as the squares. She ask me if I had enough and I told her I would need to get some more. So look what she gave me, I was so thankful for my gift.








I'm not real sure when I will start this project. It may wait until the weather is too hot to play outside. When this lady started working at my work I was not so sure how it was going to turn out. She has ended up being one of my dearest work buddies. Thank-you Roxie for the hankies and for being my friend!


This entry was posted at 1/22/2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

Anonymous  

That is so nice. I've never heard of using hankies in a quilt before. Sounds interesting. I'll have to look around and see if I have any hankies to donate to the cause. I used hankies a lot in making doll clothes. I'm not sure I have any now though.
Hugs,
Charlotte

January 22, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I just pulled a picture out of a magazine of a "hankie quilt". It was so pretty that I thought I would make one someday. You're way ahead of me in your collection. I don't even have one yet! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

January 22, 2009 at 6:54 PM

The very first one looks like one my Mom used to have.
What a great idea. I wonder how you make a strong quilt out of such beautiful dellicate hankies??
Hugs.

January 23, 2009 at 12:55 AM

What beautiful hankies and a great idea to make a quilt from them... each would have their story.

One day I plan on making a family quilt from all the activity t-shirts I have saved from my children...

January 23, 2009 at 4:20 AM

That will be beautiful!! What a keepsake for your granddaughter. Vintage hankies are so beautiful!! I will check bak often! Stop by my blog thecottageloft.blogspot.com when you can. Connie

January 23, 2009 at 6:25 PM

what a clever and fun idea.

January 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Wow, I just bet that the quilt will be so much fun. You will do a wonderful job.

I am getting so excited about meeting you in February.

God bless.

January 24, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Post a Comment