Time To Grow

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

                                       





When our first grandson was a toddler one of his favorite places to eat was McDonald's, I didn't think he would every grow out of McDonald's. He is now 7 and his favorite place to eat is In and Out. He has matured  enough to know that In and Out has a much better hamburger and is more filling, and satisfying  than McDonald's. McDonald's was good and had it's purpose but time changes things. I feel like the church we go to is like a McDonald's and we need to mature into a In and Out.  we need to grow and were not growing because nobody likes McDonald's anymore, they want In and Out.

    Our church is having a meeting tomorrow the second one of two,please pray for this meeting and our church. We are loosing good families and are not getting any new families, our church has stopped growing. I apologize for the analogy of a hamburger place compared to our church but as serious as this matter is I thought it was the best way  I could explain. Thank-you for your prayers for our church.
 


singing birds           Please stop by Spiritual Sunday and read some amazing post, I promise you they all don't talk about McDonald's and In and Outs.

God Bless,
Ginger

This entry was posted at 6/25/2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

13 comments

The analogy makes sense. It is a serious and sad thing when a church stops growing.It can be frustrating too and is one of the reasons I left the one that I had attended for years. Praying for God's grace and wisdom for you.
Blessings.

June 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Good luck on your meeting. It's sad when there is a church struggling. My brother-in-law had the same experience. Finally he left with a heavy heart. He just didn't agree with the way the pastor was handling things. He is now happy but I think he still feel sad about leaving people he had grown to really love. Blessings, Joanne

June 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I think your analogy is a good one. Christians and churches need to mature into what the Lord has planned for us. We must continue to grow or become stagnant. Only when we are growing can we be used by the Lord.
Will pray for your church meeting.
Blessings,
Janis

June 26, 2011 at 2:19 AM

what a great analogy. I've heard the same thing from a few friends recently. Praying for you guys.

June 26, 2011 at 9:54 AM

I think it's a perfect analogy Ginger. McDonalds has the great playground, the clean bathrooms, even a great cup of coffee, but it's the meat you are actually going in for.

I'll be praying.

June 26, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I agree with the above comments, the analogy is great. We need to grow and when we stop growing and learning out spirits long for more. I for a time thought I needed to leave my church, but through much prayer God kept me there. I don't believe I would've found what I thought I needed at any church and God knew that.

I will be praying for your church.

Blessings,
Misty

June 26, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I truly feel for your heartache concerning your church, Ginger. God loves the church (His people) and wants us to gather and celebrate and worship Him. I'll be praying God's presence will be felt in your meetings. "Oh how He loves you and me!"

June 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Hi Ginger,
I think your analogy is a good one and I feel your pain with this ever growing problem in our churches today. Seems there is less and less commitment. It's sad! Thank you for your visit and I wish you a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

June 27, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Hi Ginger,
I'm late getting around this week as you see. I am sorry to hear about the problems in your church. It is so true though that things and people certainly do change. Churches change. Change is inevitable. I hope the meeting went well and they can become more like In and Out.
Blessings,
Charlotte

June 30, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Praying for your church and the meeting. I pray they will do some honest evaluation to see the real reason why they are not growing. God Bless.

July 3, 2011 at 12:14 AM

its a nice blog i found out

July 12, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Ginger, I'm praying for you and your church. Every church goes through high and low seasons. The Church is the people, and the Word says "If my people which are called by my name shall humble themselves...and pray...I will forgive their sin...and heal their land." That verse came to me while I was praying for you and your church today. Bless you, Ginger, for your hunger for God. McDonald's and In and Out makes total sense. I think anyone who has been to In and Out can surely relate - nobody can beat their hamburgers! :)

August 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Why wholesale jewelry directly from China? Now with development of internet, there are more and more fashion jewelry wholesale online shop directly owned by Jewelry Manufacturer. So it is easy for online/offline retailers,small wholesalers to buy wholesale jewelry directly from China jewelry manufacturer. And you can get the best wholesale prices directly from manufacturer.

fashion jewelry wholesale
wholesale fashion jewelry

December 5, 2011 at 3:56 AM

Post a Comment