Women Of Faith

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage


This weekend was the Women of Faith conference, this is my 3rd year attending this event and I look forward to it every year. There are speakers that are just amazing and touch my heart.
There is just something about being with 15,000 women who all believe in God, something about being in a room with 15,000 women praying. The weekend was full of emotions happy, sad, crying, laughing, singing, praying.

While I was sitting there in my seat looking at all of these women I had the need to say a prayer to myself, I knew that the Lord was there and I just thought to myself what a great opportunity, although I know he is there no matter where I am but this prayer is a prayer that I have been saying all week, and felt the need to pray it again.
The prayer that I said was for a dear blogging friend she had emailed me asking for prayers for her son. I'm not real sure on his age but I know he just got married a little over a year ago. He was on the families doc and he slipped and fell, he fractured his neck in 3 places. She said it was by the grace of God that he is not paralyzed. This family is heavy on my heart, if you can please say a prayer for them as well, I know that she would appreciate it very much.

I am so thank-full for all the prayers that are asked upon us, knowing that we are all here to pray for each other in times of need is truly a feeling of comfort.
Please visit more Spiritual Sundays HERE I'm sure you will enjoy reading all of them.
Thank-you,
Ginger

This entry was posted at 9/13/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

21 comments

How wonderful you got to attend. It is always uplifting to be in a group of fellow believers and followers of JESUS!!!!
Susan

September 13, 2009 at 7:22 AM

I've attended a WOF conference and loved every minute of it, so I know how you felt. Thanks for sharing.

September 13, 2009 at 9:30 AM

So glad you were able to attend.

September 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I'm so glad you got to attend this conference. I have heard so many wonderful things about these WOF conferences but have never attended one.
I will pray for your friend's son. That is very sad.
Blessings,
Charlotte

September 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I'm glad you attended this conference. Yes, prayer is powerful. Keep praying. We will join with you.

September 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I have prayed for the boy and his family. I hope he will be totally healed soon.

How wonderful that you were able to attend the conference again. I've never been to one that size but ones I have attended were super. There is just something about a group of believers worshiping together that is so powerful and rewarding.
I hope you can continue to attend.

September 13, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Ginger,
How wonderful that you were able to attend the WOF conference...I just love it when Christians are gathered together...so many blessings!

Hugs,
Jean

September 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Hi Ginger,
So glad you got to attend the conference. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

September 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM

My daughter attended a WOF conference and she raved about the experience. Wonderful and I am glad you experienced this joy.

Blessings, Jeanne

September 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM

That sounds like a wonderful place to be. I will include this family in my prayers.

September 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

I love reading these WOF's journals, books, very encouraging...That's great you got to attend to their conference. I'm sure it's a great experience everytime. It is a great opportunity to be able to pray together even through this blogging world. To God be the glory for we are truly one in His Spirit! God bless you sister Ginger.

September 13, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Being together with those of like faith is a wonderful experience.

Thanks for the prayer request. I just blogged about prayer not long ago on one of my other blog sites. It is a powerful force.

September 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

I'm praying with you for that dear son. I love WOF!

September 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I have been to a similar type of conference and they are so uplifting and supportive of the Faith. Thanks for your testimony to the blessings you receive from them! Prayers for your blogger friends son, as well.

September 13, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Wonderful!
My post here "SpiritualSunday"
Regina

September 13, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I can just feel your enthusiasm over here, Ginger! ... What a marvelous experience, being together with so many like-hearted women at WOF.
I think what you wrote (on my blog) about tracing your hand on a blank page of the Bible is one of the keenest ideas I've ever heard. What a splendid legacy!

Have a great new week ... stay safe and smiling, OK?

Hugs,
Myra

September 13, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Hi Ginger, thanks so much for stopping by my place today! I hope that you will be back soon.

I popped in to visit you and so enjoyed being here. Your post today was a nice reminder of a Joyce Meyer conference that I attended a couple of years ago. There is truly something special about joining our voices with thousands of others when giving praise. Gives us a little picture of what worship will be like in heaven!

Be blessed,
Susan

September 14, 2009 at 1:47 AM

There is something so special about being with people who believe in the Lord.

I am so glad that you had such an uplifting experience.

God bless.

September 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM

You are truly an angel~ the power of prayer can be felt all the way from coast to coast.

Hugs

September 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Women of Faith is an awesome event, and I agree that being in a place filled with thousands of believers is an incredible experience. If you haven't already, I hope you also get to go to a Beth Moore/Kay Arthur event...they are great!
I am praying for your friend's son, and expecting full recovery.

God bless,
Mary

September 15, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Glad you were able to go and prayers for the young man that was injured.

Carolyn

September 15, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Post a Comment