Spiritual Sunday

Posted by Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Please visit other post just click the picture above and it will get you to the other links.

There is a young man where I work, he has worked there about 3 years. I don't talk to him much because we are in different departments. I do know that he chooses not to have the Lord in his life. I found out recently that his sister has cancer. I thought to myself I wonder if she has the Lord in her life. I ask this young man what hospital his sister was in and if she wouldn't mind if I went to visit her. He said that it would be fine if I went, I ask him to ask her first, well he did and she said yes. So Tuesday when I got off of work I went to the hospital to visit this lady that I have never met before. I was very nerves and thought of 100 different reason's why I shouldn't go. When I got in her room just by the feeling I got when I first made eye contact with her that she did not have the lord in her life. It is so hard to make small talk when someone is dying of cancer. I held her hand and talked just for a few minutes as I knew I should not stay long she was not feeling very well. I ask her if she would mind if I said a prayer, she said that would be fine, but ask that it be short. So I did, I said a prayer for this 30 something women who is dying of cancer, it was short and to the point. I'm not sure if I will go back again, I would like to go again and it would be more comfortable the next time, I will have to ask her brother again if it would be okay. All she can eat are ice chips, at my work we sell some ice chips that have flavor, one lemon and one Orange I thought I would ask if she could have them and take her a special treat.
Cancer is bad enough but I could not imagine having this and not have the Lord with me. Please pray for Carrie she needs all of our prayers.

God Bless,

Ginger

This entry was posted at 6/06/2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

18 comments

Anonymous  

Hi Ginger,
We were wondering what it was that you were going to do that was "out of your box". I think it's wonderful that you went to see this lady. That is so sad. I hope you get a chance to see her again. I think it was a very brave thing for you to do.
Have a good weekend.
Charlotte

June 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM

How good of you to go to her. Perhaps you can go again and plunge in with talk of Heaven and the Lord. She needs you! Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

June 7, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Ginger, I know you sowed a precious seed in that young woman's life. God bless you!

June 7, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Ginger~ What a heart warming dear story--you truly are an angel and I will keep Carrie in my prayers.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

Hugs

June 7, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Much of my life was lived in visiting these kinds of people. God doesn't ask us to bring about a certain response to Him. He just asks us to go in His Name, leaving the results to Him. You did good! God bless you as you live for Him.

June 7, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Wow, Ginger! I think what you did was both (astonishingly) Brave and Lovely ... how many (myself included) might have first waited for an invitation. I pray that in the midst of this (seeming) darkness, Carrie will choose to focus on the light you've shared.

Have a happy (stress-free) new week!

Myra

June 7, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Wow, Ginger, my heart breaks with you. What can you do for someone in this situation who does not know the Lord? Exactly what you are doing. And you have the strength and courage to go to her. God is with you!

June 7, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I know in our flesh we feeling nervous and uncomfortable in these situations but clearly the Lord has prompted you and will be with you in each step, conversation and prayer! I will pray that Carrie sees Jesus in you and we all know that is He that draws us near and His will is that she would accept Him and be saved! Thankyou for being so obedient and loving as He would!

I will be praying for Carrie and her brother!

June 7, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Bless you for going to visit this young woman, and for the prayer you said over her. Being a cancer patient myself, I don't see how anyone can go through this without the Lord. I will say speical prayers for Carrie. Thank you for letting us know, and I will not only say prayers for Carrie, but also for you as you are trying to reach out to her. _Ashley ~

June 7, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Twice today I got the verse about when I'm weak, then He is strong. No doubt, Jesus shone through during this visit and gave you the courage to do this. I admire your obedience.

Carrie is my daughter's name. I won't forget to join in praying for this precious woman.

June 7, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Praise God! I hope you go again! Maybe you could share with her how Jesus has changed your life and given you comfort. You could tell her specifically you are praying for her to reach out to him. Or send her a card with the Gospel. Thanks for sharing this!

June 7, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Praise the Lord! You did good, Ginger! I would go again and take some flavoured ice chips with me. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

June 7, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Anonymous  

Blessings to you Ginger- God SeeS! God Sees! I was led to help grandchildren see their grandmother before she passed away of cancer -- It was through church I found the grandchildren--very hard to get the grandchildren to understand but they did get to see her just before she passed away. Whatever it is you are sent to do God Sees!
In Christ-
Karyl

June 7, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Hello Ginger, you did a very kind thing and only God knows if it helped. One never knows when a word about our Lord will hit a chord in a person. I will pray for her and her family. Blessings to you for trying to soothe a very sad situation.

Hugs...Jeanne

June 7, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Hello, Ginger! I saw your post on pilesofsmiles and thought your blog title so pretty.

I enjoyed reading this precious post. What a heart for the Lord you have! And what a heart of compassion for others!

Your love inspired me as I read this sad story. May God help us all to be sensitive to the needs around us and obey His word to reach out to all.

The Lord is with you in this ministry! May we all remember this young woman in prayer and also pray for you as you reach out to her with Christ's love.

Many blessings to you today, dear sister and friend in Christ.

Andrea

June 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Hi Ginger,

What a wonderful act of kindness for you to visit Carrie in the hospital. Thank you for sharing this touching and wonderful story with us and may God Bless you for visiting the sick.
You and Carrie are in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings,
Erin

June 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Ginger I will definitely be saying a prayer for Carrie. You may be her only link to the Lord. It is so hard going through this life without Him! I know because I have had him in my life and I have left him. Your actions are truly a blessing to her!

June 10, 2009 at 4:47 PM

What a wonderful thing you did. And brave. I know God is pleased with your kindness and caring.

June 15, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Post a Comment